A daily dose of CONVENIENCE in each applicator
When trying to conceive, you may need the convenience of CRINONE—delivering progesteroneA hormone that plays 2 important roles in pregnancy: (1) thickens the endometrium to prepare for implantation of a fertilized egg, and (2) supports pregnancy through birth. directly to the uterusThe muscular organ in which a fertilized egg implants and matures through pregnancy. During menstruation, the uterus sheds the inner lining. to help support pregnancy.
CRINONE is administered vaginally, once or twice daily. Each applicator is individually packaged, for one-time use. After administration, a small amount of CRINONE will be left in the tube—you will still be receiving the proper dose. Once in the vaginaA muscular canal between the uterus and the outside of the body. Also known as the birth canal., CRINONE coats the vaginal wall, where the progesterone is absorbed and transported directly to the uterus.
Instructions for using CRINONE
- Remove the applicator from the sealed wrapper. DO NOT remove the twist-off tab at this time (for women using CRINONE at altitudes above 2500 feet, see special instructions in full prescribing information)
- Hold the applicator between the thumb and forefinger along the seam on the thick end
- Shake down 3 to 4 times (like a thermometer) to ensure that the contents are at the thin end of the applicator
- Hold the applicator by the flat section of the thick end
- Twist off and throw away the tab at the thin end. Remember to twist off completely—do not pull the tab off
- DO NOT squeeze the thick end while twisting the tab. This could force some gel to be released before it is inserted into the vagina
- The applicator may be inserted into your vagina while you are in a sitting position or when lying on your back with your knees bent
- Gently insert the thin end well into your vagina
- Squeeze the thick end of the applicator to deposit CRINONE into the vagina
- Remove the applicator and throw it away in a waste container
See more about administering CRINONE